Moving into your new place in a big city may not be quite as simple as you think. Here are a few things to consider as you plan your move:
1. If hiring movers (laborers), make sure you know up front whether or not they are licensed, insured, etc., so you know what kind of liability will fall on your shoulders. There are plenty of laborers in big cities who may do a great job, as long as you understand you could be on the hook for damage they may cause.
2. If you are moving into a large building with loading docks and freight elevators, make sure you schedule times to reserve their use. Also make sure you have filled out the appropriate paperwork and paid fees or deposits that may be required of you. Taking care of these details in advance can save you some major headaches later on.
3. Make sure you rent a truck that will fit at its final destination. Big cities are cramped. Make sure you will actually be able to find a place to park and unload all that stuff you so carefully packed.
4. Speaking of parking: turn your flashers on and set out safety reflectors, cones, etc., so that you don't get bulldozed on your way in or out of your new place. Make sure you have adequate help so that you don't block traffic for too long. Driveways don't exist in many urban areas. You will most likely be unloading your belongings in the middle of the street. Prepare for the inevitable.
5. Know where to return your truck and the hours they are open. Since there may be nowhere to park your empty, over sized vehicle overnight, make sure you get that truck back in time or you may be stuck with a ticket, a tow, or a night of driving around aimlessly.
1/23/2018 04:36:02 am
Placing the things on time is also an important thing to keep in mind before making a move. At some places you will not be able to find the parking places to unload the things from the truck. So these things must be planned before making a move.
1/25/2018 12:36:56 am
No movers or moving company ask you for money in advance m all the money has been paid after the work and paperwork will be signed before the move. These little things will be kept in mind before making a move.
1/26/2018 03:58:25 am
Packing by own can be overwhelming with so many different items, sizes and shapes to pack, and also because you're family will still be using the space right up until the moment the moving truck arrives.So follow the useful shared methods above before moving !!
Comments are closed.